An Advocate for Wyoming Sportsmen and Women
World class hunting and fishing are hallmarks of Wyoming. Access to the outdoors is essential to our state’s culture, economy and heritage. I’ve been proud to be an advocate for Wyoming sportsmen and women my entire life. As your next U.S. Senator, I’ll fight for Wyoming’s outdoor recreation businesses, workers, wildlife, and wide-open spaces.
Public Access to Public Lands
- Maintain and improve public access to public lands for hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, hiking, biking, ATVing and water sports.
- Sell or trade isolated federal inholdings surrounded by private land to acquire key proprieties for expanding access to large blocks of public land.
Put Wyoming in Charge of Wyoming’s Wildlife
- Defend the state’s management of wolves and work to permanently delist the fully recovered grizzly bear from the Endangered Species Act.
- Ensure management and culling efforts of Wyoming game animals on federal parks, refuges and monuments is conducted by Wyoming sportsmen and women.
Protecting Second Amendment Rights
- Protect Wyoming citizens’ 2nd Amendment rights.
- Ensure federal lands remain open for recreational shooting.
Improving Fish and Wildlife Habitat
- Improve the productivity of Wyoming’s habitats and rangeland by establishing Wyoming universities, colleges and businesses as national leaders in developing solutions for managing cheatgrass and other invasive weed species.
- Make overpasses, underpasses and wildlife friendly fences a part of federal infrastructure bill to provide safe passage for wildlife and motorists.
- Support the proactive management of federal forests to enhance wildlife habitat, rangelands, Wyoming’s timber industry, and reduce fire danger.
- Protect Wyoming waters from aquatic invasive species (AIS) by encouraging continued monitoring and rapid response plans
Building Wyoming’s Outdoor Economy
- Build back Wyoming’s outdoor economy by keeping national parks and forests open, ensuring people are free and safe to travel, and getting businesses the help they need to make it through these tough times.
- Grow existing outdoor businesses and attract new ones, including outdoor equipment manufacturers.
Common Sense Solutions for Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD)
- Ensure the health of Wyoming’s big game herds by finding solutions for chronic wasting disease through supporting research and establishing a national task force.